Friday, March 11, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

It's been a while since my last post. Work has been swamping me, and while I have lots of thoughts to share, I just haven't had the chance. Well, except now - a quick blurb on the already lavishly-praised movie of the year.

After all the hoopla and media fanfare, recently, Chani and I finally went to see Million Dollar Baby.

Given all that's been said, I'll just say it was a nice story albeit one I didn't expect to be portrayed and delivered in such an understated way. It was telling a story w/o trying to tell you one - as if you just happened to be along for the ride.

Is that one of the marks of a great movie? For some it is, including me. I know years from now, I'll still remember its many memorable storylines and scenes, long after the media hoopla subsides, which is a lot more then I can say for the majority of flicks Hollywood pumps out these days.